Saturday, November 6, 2010

DIY UFC "Ring Girl" Outfit

2 weeks from today, my best friend will be walking down the aisle in Williams Lake, BC. I had the honor of hosting her Bridal Shower last night and one of the games I planned was the good ol' "How Well Do You Know the Bride?" game. I had her answer the questions in advance for my answer key and on one of the questions, she joked that her husband-to-be would love to see her in a UFC Octagon Girl outfit since he is a huge fan of UFC.

*lightbulb!*

Since there were only a few days left before her shower, I didn't have time to order it online so I had to do it myself! I was able to find a two piece bathing suit that was black and white, just like the real thing. *phewf* All i did was cut out the letters "UFC" from felt and used double sided tape to stick it on the bathing suit. I originally planned on sewing the letters on but i figured it would be better if she could easily remove the letters and use it as a bathing suit. I just wanted the initial shock factor when she opened her gift ;P



Alfred Sung "PURE" bathing suit - pretty close to the real thing right? 

Got all my supplies ready.... I just eyeballed the letters from a picture online so it might be uneven. haha!


TADA! Not bad right? :P 

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! 
Do something creative!

16 comments:

Farah said...

Yeapyeap...looks like the real thing! I checked! ;)

em.me.ma said...

hha that's so cute! funny you say " do something creative" as i was just scrapbooking haha <3

MeiBelle said...

haha i love it!!! it looks great!

MKL said...

Can I get some of your light bulbs? Kthxbai! :P

tessatham said...

Wow that's so creative Kym!!! Haha awesome outfit ;)

Hope you're having a great weekend <3

...crickette... said...

not bad at all!!!

Nicole said...

Haha! That is such a funny gift. I hope she wears it as least once with the letters still on.

Nashe^ said...

OMG KYM you're so thoughtful! In a funny way... I can see the effort put into this! XD

RicAdeMus said...

What a great idea!!! But I'm sure hubby is going to want her to keep those letters on permanently.

Supposedly we all have equal gifts, just in different areas. But I doubt that's true because I have no creative or artistic ability at all. It's so sad!!!

Sakie and Thomas Gantz said...

Cute!
lol, just kidding! I saw your previous post and couldn't help my self. That was so creative to make the letters yourself in such a short time, and I'm sure she will love it, as will the new hubby. :-)

H. said...

Great idea, i hope she wears it.
i hope do something creative this week, but my ideas are running away from me =/

have a nice week too
xxx

de.lizzy.cious said...

i cant see the photos!!!!! :(

must be such a bad internet connection. wait until i get back to mainland. i mean, ireland.

izumi said...

LOL!! how cute :D what did her face look like when she opened it?

Trish said...

haha awesomeeeee! i just thought it would be something good to be in halloween, while holding up those number thinggies or something LOL

Pop Champagne said...

lol that is pretty creative! it'd be a great halloween costume too lol

ochikeron said...

You are really creative!!! Yeah, better to use double sided tape ;)